Hello and welcome back to another episode of “The Freight Project Podcast!”
On today’s episode we welcome Irina Rosca who brings to us a wealth of experience & knowledge. Irina is a true supply chain thought leader. Concurrently, she is the founder sustainSCM, the Director of Supply Chain and Customer Success Operations at Helix OpCo, and host of “Supply Chain Minute Let’s Talk Supply Chain” YouTube Series.
We hope you enjoy this “The Freight Project Podcast.” You can subscribe and find this podcast on Apple iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher for Podcasts, Spotify, Soundcloud, YouTube, and iHeartRadio!
Inventory Forecasting Lessons for Improved Network Operations
In this episode Chris and Cerasis’ Marketing Manager & “The Freight Project Podcast” host, Adam Robinson, will talk about how supply chain leaders can utilize some best practices to improve inventory forecasting to get to a more optimized network.
In this “The Freight Project Podcast” episode you’ll hear:
- After another record breaking holiday shopping season & the proliferation of returns in January, as supply chains head towards an omnichannel reality, what are some of the key inventory forecasting lessons that were learned that could help leaders start planning for their next peak seasons?
- Tied to inventory, naturally, is network optimization. Now, this term can mean various things to various disciplines in the supply chain. In relation to our conversation today, let’s first level set. How would you define network optimization in relation to inventory forecasting?
- Since they are two important aspects for optimizing & managing supply chain, what are some of the challenges that supply chain leaders face to optimize both? Is improving these areas something that’s best to work on at the same time? How should a supply chain leader go about starting to improve these sectors in the supply chain?
- What are some of the technology systems that professionals should be using for improved inventory forecasting and networking optimization and what specific technologies, like perhaps the use of APIS for integration, are aiding leaders in the supply chain today to reach the goal of improvement?
- What does the role of collaboration play beyond technology to aid in improved inventory forecasting and network optimization? Or perhaps what is the role of technology to aid in collaboration and get professionals to a more strategic place to focus more on collaboration?
- Finally, where would you tell a supply chain professional to go to in order to see some great information on inventory forecasting? Can you offer some associations to join? Podcasts to listen to. Any tips?
We hope you enjoy this very first episode of The Freight project podcast!