Hello and welcome back to another episode of “The Freight Project Podcast!”
On today’s The Freight Project Podcast episode, I welcome Jaron Klopstein, VP of Motus Logistics, a reseller of Cerasis technology and solution. On the episode, Jaron will discuss the case study, which won Cerasis and Motus the SMC3/Logistics Management Alliance Award for 2020, of two Cerasis customers Jaron was able to help solve problems for through the ideation of a collaborative technology solution including not only Cerasis but another freight technology provider.
We hope you enjoy this “The Freight Project Podcast.” You can subscribe and find this podcast on Apple iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher for Podcasts, Spotify, Soundcloud, YouTube, and iHeartRadio!
Freight Tech Innovations Yield Shipper Results
You’ll hear about not only the solution, but also how shippers can best go about finding the right partners, solutions, and technology to achieve their long term goals of reducing costs, utilizing resources better, and staying competitive.
On the episode, you’ll hear Jaron answer the following:
- In reality, there is a ton of technology that shippers have to evaluate and sift to in order to get the right solutions that not only work with each other, but actually DOES solve their problems. So, from a logistics industry investments perspective, how do you look at technology platforms and what they can do as a consideration to invest or acquire?
- Continuing with that same thought, as you explained from your perspective, where you might have more analysis type resources, and a bit of a more objective look at the technology landscape, how is a shipper supposed to, with their own company’s resources, supposed to seek out the right technology solutions? Have you seen outside consultants maybe put a stop gap to the lack of resources in technology evaluations these shippers face?
- Why has it taken so long to disrupt the supply chain industry with technologies whereas other industries saw rapid technology disruption? Will the current market of rapid logistics industry investments change the speed of disruption?
- Obviously, as you’re interested in more technology adoption from a logistics industry investments stand point, how can companies get more confident in deploying technology and not having that fear it will perhaps cripple their company as we saw just recently with Rent the Runway shutting down deliveries due to a warehouse management system upgrade delay?
- What is your outlook for the use of logistics technology? Will we see massive consolidation from providers with bigger companies gobbling up smaller tech platforms, perhaps like we saw with what Facebook did when it acquired Instagram and Whatsapp? And what would that mean for supply chain professionals around the globe?
We hope you enjoy this episode of The Freight project podcast!