Logistics Technology Resources
An Introduction to Blockchain and Its Potential Benefits and Drawbacks in Supply Chain Management
Revenue Growth At The Hand Of Improved Digital Supply Chains
The Digital Supply Chain: The Landscape, Trends, Types, and the Application in Supply Chain Management
A Guide to Maximize the Use of TMS
The Supply Chain Trends to Know in 2020 That Will Guarantee Your Success
Hello and welcome back to another episode of “The Freight Project Podcast!”
On today’s episode we welcome Matt Motsick, CEO of RPA Labs, a full-service robotics process automation, AKA, RPA, solution for the logistics industry, developing software bots to automate processes, documents, and emails.
The Rise of Robotics Process Automation
On the episode, all of the details on robotics process automation and what RPA can do for supply chain professionals in their day to day job to maximize efficiency.
On the episode, you’ll hear Matt answer the following around robotics process automation:
- What is Robotics Process Automation?
- Why did Matt start RPA Labs and focus solely on robotics process automation for Logistics? What were the problems the logistics industry, and especially shippers were facing that led Matt to build out RPA solutions for them?
- What can robotics process automation do in the way of benefits for shippers & the logistics industry at large?
- Why would you say beyond benefits, robotics process automation is a game changer? What would be the long term realized benefits in the application of RPA?
- Next, what’s the difference between Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and RPA?
- What processes could RPA truly transform say in a TMS or maybe WMS or ERP?
- There may be some confusion with RPA in the warehouse (real moving robotics) and the RPA you’re referencing. What’s the difference?
- How will you increase adoption of robotics process automation in logistics? We see even some hesitation by logistics managers & leaders on using platforms themselves, like TMS or WMS…will RPA help increase adoption overall?
- Once robotics process automation is in place, what will that allow the user to do now that some of those automations are in place?
- Obviously, RPA is taking some hold in the industry, but once there is traction, what’s next with RPA? How will it grow and expand in use?
We hope you enjoy this episode of The Freight project podcast!