Blockchain and The Digital Supply Chain Resources to Download
Learn more about ShipChain
Why Blockchain will Create Extreme Supply Chain Management Optimization
Looking for a TMS for your OTR Shipments?
Hello and welcome back to another episode of “The Freight Project Podcast!”
On today’s episode Cerasis welcomes John Monarch, CEO of ShipChain, a burgeoning blockchain shipping platform, to have a discussion around blockchain in shipping.
We’ll publish every Tuesday right on the Cerasis blog and Freight Institute. We hope you enjoy!
The State of & Benefits of Blockchain in Shipping & Freight
In this episode John and Cerasis’ Marketing Manager & “The Freight Project Podcast” host, Adam Robinson, will discuss John’s background in computer science & physics at Clemson University, his influences from his father who worked in the trucking industry, and John’s experience in building his own fulfillment company that led to frustrations not knowing at any time where a missing ocean freight shipment leading to his founding of ShipChain.
In this “The Freight Project Podcast” episode you’ll hear:
- A few pragmatic & practical benefits of using blockchain in shipping & freight.
- Of all the players in the supply chain, 3PLS, Forwarders, Carriers, and Shippers, who will benefit the most from the application of blockchain in shipping & freight.
- Where we are as an industry in our general understanding of the realities of blockchain.
- A realistic view of the maturity of the blockchain market as it applies to shipping and freight
- The role of integration between blockchain in shipping platforms and existing supply chain systems.
We hope you enjoy this episode of “The Freight Project” podcast!