Logistics Technology & Omnimodal Shipping Resources
Inbound Logistics Technology: Using Technology to Compete, Reduce Costs & Gain Greater Insight
Shipper of Choice & TMS: How a TMS Makes Shippers’ Freight More Attractive
Why Blockchain will Create Extreme Supply Chain Management Optimization
How to Implement & Integrate a TMS to Drive Adoption for a Larger ROI
Hello and welcome back to another episode of “The Freight Project Podcast!”
On today’s episode we welcome Eric Johnson, Logistics Technology Editor of the Journal Of Commerce.
You’ll get to hear a great conversation around how shippers are leveraging technology to better manage shipping in all modes, also known as omnimodal shipping.
Logistics Technology’s Role in Navigating Omnimodal Shipping
In this episode Eric and Cerasis’ Marketing Manager & “The Freight Project Podcast” host, Adam Robinson, will have a discussion around the following questions:
- What are the market forces causing shippers to look at changing their shipping strategies and adopting technology to handle omnimodal shipping?
- What are the specific shipping tactics or strategies shippers specifically are considering in the quest of omnimodal shipping?
- What are some of those tools that shippers are using to confidently go about implementing these new tactics and strategies?
- With some low adoption rates & so many technology options, is there simply a fundamental mismatch in what technology can do for a company to reach goals larger than simply reducing freight costs?
- And finally, for a platform, such a TMS, what are other considerations that the shipper may not think about they should consider in the way of performance and capability that moves beyond tactics to bring the shipper a more strategic position?
We hope you enjoy this episode of “The Freight Project Podcast!”