LTL Shippers & Final Mile Resources
Using a TMS to Execute a Final Mile Strategy that Yields Desired Outcomes
The Current Factors Driving the Less Than Truckload Pricing Market
A Guide to Optimize Final Mile
The Evolution of LTL Shipping Practices: Addressing Capacity Woes, Use of Last Mile & How to Choose the Right LTL Carrier
Hello and welcome back to another episode of “The Freight Project Podcast!”
On today’s episode we welcome back, for a third time, Cerasis Account Executive, Mark Burdette to talk about why LTL shippers are increasing their use of final mile in order to meet customer expectations.
Why LTL Shippers are Using More Final Mile
Mark will talk about the reasons his LTL shippers who currently use the Cerasis Rater TMS for LTL moves, are now expanding into final mile thanks to our two click add on of final mile capability within the TMS, giving LTL shippers the ability to ship the first leg via LTL and choose a final mile carrier in the same process, with all paperwork and notifications automatically created.
In this “The Freight Project Podcast” episode you’ll hear Mark answer the following:
- What are some of the reasons Mark is seeing more LTL shippers attracted to Final Mile shipping?
- What are some of the reasons why LTL is seeing steady growth vs. Full Truckload?
- What market forces are causing this and how does that play into final mile thinking by LTL shippers?
With both consolidation in parcel to LTL, thanks to an increase in ecommerce, and shippers looking for more flexibility and speed by deconsolidationg from FT to LTL, and then bolting on final mile as some OEMS, especially in electronics, furniture, and appliances, are needing first leg LTL and then a hand off to final mile, how in the WORLD are shippers supposed to effectively manage all of these moving parts?
- What is a story about a customer who signed up to use the Cerasis Rater TMS, which of course handles the LTL to final mile with ease inside the platform, and how that has changed their ability to overcome these market forces and have been able to better meet their goals?
- Beyond tools for final mile, what else should LTL shippers be thinking about that you may have overcome in solving a customer’s problems with going final mile that you can impart upon our listeners?
We hope you enjoy this episode of “The Freight Project Podcast!”