Freight & Sustainability Resources
Green Is the New Black: Why Green Manufacturing & Sustainability Matter
Easier than reducing carbon footprint –
5 Steps to make a dent in the Huge and Hidden Cost of CPG Sustainability
Sustainable Logistics: Quantifying Sustainability Measures of Your Logistics
5 Benefits from Logistics Sustainability & Efficiency
Hello and welcome back to another episode of “The Freight Project Podcast!”
On today’s episode we welcome Peter Tirschwell, Senior Director of Content at the Journal of Commerce. Peter and I will talk about the state of decarbonization of freight, with the main focus of those efforts on container shipping.
What are the Impacts of Decarbonization in Freight
In this episode will give his vast wisdom on the topic after having covered the industry on the front lines for 30 years. Peter will also address what’s coming up for this year’s TPM conference celebrating its 20th year, held in Long Beach in March of next year.
In this “The Freight Project Podcast” episode Peter will answer:
- What does decarbonization of container shipping mean from Peter’s perspective?
- What are the reasons containers and the freight industry are looking at decarbonization in freight?
- What are some current challenges that container lines face when decarbonizing their fleets?
- How will container lines go about decarbonization?
- What is the shippers & the 3PLS role in aiding the freight industry in decarbonization?
- What will be the impact beyond container shipper of decarbonization? Specifically, what will the impacts be in surface mode shipping, air, and rail, if any?
- Finally, what can the industry do today to start getting prepared for this new decarbonization initiative?
We hope you enjoy this episode of The Freight project podcast!