Eliminate Time. Eliminate Process. Eliminate Waste. Eliminate Uncertainty.
95% of Cerasis business is done through LTL shipments. In fact, our freight management software, the Cerasis Rater, handled 300,000 LTL freight shipments in 2012. When you need freight management services for shipments smaller than a truckload, we allow you to choose within our freight management software LTL carriers based on:
- Cost to ship the LTL freight rated by specific lanes negotiated with specific carriers by our Carrier Relations department.
- Transit time.
- Limit of liability or cargo insurance.
Our transportation management system decreases manual process, saving you valuable time when shipping LTL freight by storing the following common administrative aspects needed in order to create a Bill of Lading:
- Address Book for common LTL shipments destinations and origins with the flexibility to add on-off destination information.
- Stored commodities and recognition of frequently used and most recently used commodities, automatically assigning the NMFC number.
- YOUR specific carrier lane rates, not a neutral-based rate, again allowing you to uncover every penny to put back in your business.
Benefits of Shipping LTL Freight with Cerasis Tools and People
- Freight Routing: Your Cerasis Freight Routing Specialist will work with you and your vendors on both outbound and inbound freight routing, providing notifications of shipment and tracking to BOTH parties.
- Multiple Location LTL Freight Shipping: Ship frequently between your multiple locations? Want full visibility into this activity? Leverage our freight management software and services to seamlessly ship and view reporting around your multiple locations.
- Dropship or Zone Skipping: Have several destinations coming all from one place, but you want to maximize savings? Most people prefer not to utilize drop-ship or zone skipping services as it adds more points of communication, thus increasing chances of errors. Not the case with freight logistics services backed by proprietary freight management software from Cerasis. We are able to automate this process and create proper freight accounting to allow for maximum cost savings.
- Auto Pick-up by Carriers: Our auto pick-up services within our freight management software automatically notify carriers for all lanes chosen for your LTL freight shipment. This decreases the amount of time and resources to keep up with the carrier, ensuring your load is picked up on time.
- Freight Shipment Tracking: Curious to know where your load is right now? Cerasis’s real time freight tracking gives you piece of mind that your LTL shipment will reach your customer. With automatic notifications, you, your customer, and your vendor will know when to expect their freight.
- Spot or Volume Quotes for Specialized LTL Freight
- Consultation on Cost Savings Opportunities: It is one of the core tenets of the Cerasis philosophy to align ourselves with your business goals. Your dedicated freight management customer service representative will work right alongside you, consulting on best practices and eliminating common errors to maximize your cost savings opportunities.
- Truckload Freight Services: Our freight specialists will determine and execute freight logistics services for any LTL that is better suited for full truckload freight shipping.