Freight Claims Management
Cerasis has dedicated freight claims managers whose only job is to focus on the speedy, efficient, and¬†thorough¬†resolutions of any and all of our customers’ freight claims. Our freight claims management services are included simply by being a Cerasis customer. It is in ours, yours, and our carrier partners’ best interests to fully investigate and resolve freight claims. Cerasis offers the following freight claims services:
- Process all freight claims from beginning to end.
- Work as a¬†liaison¬†on behalf of our customer, working with our carrier partners¬†and¬†providing transparent communication throughout the entire freight claims process.
- Provide proactive education to shippers, consignees, and carriers to decrease future freight claims by empowering all parties with the knowledge of what a freight claim is, how to avoid future damage, and ensure freight claims are resolved.
- Keep all parties compliant by following all policies and regulations of customers, carriers, and industry standards.
- Process checks and ensure all parties are paid in a timely manner when a claim is resolved.
- Proactively follow up on claims status to resolve them within the 90-day freight claims window.
- Educate all parties in the case of a denied claim.
- Offer freight claims expertise, taking the burden and anxiety away from our customers when it comes to freight claims due to the thousands of processed claims and man hours put into proper freight claims management.
Knowledge is Power
What Are the Signs of a Potential Freight Claim?
So, what knowledge will give you the power to uncover freight cost savings? Look out for these signs that may warrant you filing a freight claim:
- Shortage of product
- Missing seal
- Freight load shift (due to improper blocking and bracing)
- Freight involved in rough handling
- Stolen freight
- Water damage
- Possible contamination
What procedures should you follow if you have freight damage?
- Do not unload if you immediately see damage.¬†If you are already in the process of unloading, STOP when you encounter the damaged product.
- Failure to notify Cerasis immediately¬†of a potential claim may lead to denial of the claim.
- Take pictures of the damage or loss¬†as well as the cause of the damage or loss (e.g. hole in freight packages).
- Take pictures¬†of all blocking and bracing, airbags, cardboard filler, shrink wrap, etc. (Cerasis needs to show that proper shipping procedures were utilized.)
- The consignee may be required to hold the product¬†at their facility until an inspector arrives ‚Äď possibly for a length of two or more days.
- Please be sure to notate on the bill of lading the amount and type of damage.
How to Report or File Freight Claims
To file a Loss & Damage freight claim, please click on the following form link:¬†Shipment Claims Form
This will take you to the Loss & Damage Checklist form in order for you to complete the claim process. Please review and complete this form carefully, and gather the necessary documents to support your Loss and/or Damage Claim.
You can find online help regarding the claims process by clicking on the Help button located above.
After completing this form, please FAX it along with the necessary Accompanying Documents (see page 2) to Cerasis, at:
(651) 365-8158, ATTN: CURT HANNULA
Alternatively, you may scan and email the documents, including this form, to Cerasis at: ¬†email@example.com