Freight Desk Agent
Are you interested in starting a career in logistics? Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding career with a growing company who is passionate about what they do, and believes in the continuous improvement of their employees and services? Then look no further, a position as a Freight Desk Agent may be right for you!
What You Would Be Doing:
Cerasis, Inc. is currently searching for an individual to help move our contact center forward by utilizing your strong telephone and email skills. Our Freight Desk agents act as a liaison between Cerasis, our customers, and our carriers by answering addressing their calls and emails in a timely manner. As a Freight Desk Agent, you will provide exceptional service and personalized solutions for moving our customers freight through the routing, tracking, and follow-up process.
Your specific duties as a Freight Desk Agent will include:
- Answer incoming phone calls in a fast-paced, high-volume contact center
- Make non-solicitation outbound phone calls when further follow-up is needed
- Ability to multitask between various emails requests, using solid computer and written communication skills
- Process calls efficiently while updating our operating system with any applicable documentation
- Prioritize and resolve issues by utilizing decision-making skills and attention to detail
- Possesses the ability to follow through and be proactive with outbound communication to our customers
Who We Are Looking For:
As a Freight Desk Agent, you must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) as well as solid organizational, multitasking and time management skills to provide the best possible customer service. Through our paid training, you will learn all about the logistics industry and how to best assist our customers.
Specific qualifications for the Freight Desk Agent position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good customer service skills or prior experience
- Contact center experience preferred but not required
- Demonstrated timely, consistent job attendance history
- Professional phone and email skills
- Comfortable navigating the internet and web based applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Being self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent follow through with attention to detail
At Cerasis, the opportunity to learn many different areas of logistics are available. We invest in our associates to help them reach their career goals.
- We provide opportunities to move into other positions such as claims, auditing, customer specialist and carrier relations. Just to name a few.
- We provide on-going training and feedback to help you learn your job and develop your skills
- We encourage professional development through various online learning platforms and industry seminars
- We have Operations facilities located in 3 different states (MN, TX, OK)
What’s In It For You:
We appreciate the hard work that our team members do to provide our clients with the best in customer service. Therefore, in addition to working for an innovative and exciting company, you will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package which includes, but is not limited to, the following benefits:
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- 529 Educational Savings Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Who Are We:
Established in August of 1997, Cerasis is a comprehensive, committed logistics company founded on helping customers manage shipping more efficiently and effectively. By using state-of-the-art technology to streamline shipping, we help simplify our client’s entire logistics process, whether it is for business-to-business or the E-commerce marketplace. With the help of sophisticated, cutting-edge and Internet-based software, Cerasis can also help our clients realize significant time and cost savings. Our Rater, a multi-carrier shipping solution, allows our client companies to make the smartest and most effective decisions about shipments instantly and seamlessly. It’s this kind of pioneering thinking, experience and across-the-board flexibility that sets Cerasis apart and helps put our clients on the road to success.
Who Is Our Team:
As a member of the Cerasis team you will be a direct contributor to our rapidly growing, innovative, organization who not only takes pride in upholding our superior level of dedication to our customers, but to our employees as well. We recognize the unique expertise each of our team members hold is what ultimately contributes to our success.
Here at Cerasis, we live by a set of four Core Values:
- Innovative – Open & Creative
- Quality – Providing value in all we do
- Continuous Improvement of our people and services
- Respect of the individual and their contribution to the team
We are proud to say our team members are some of the best of the best, and we’re looking to add to that.
Motived by helping people
- Customer service oriented
- Enjoys problem solving
- Eager to grow
That’s just a small list to describe our team, and define what we’re pursuing in new members!
Intrigued? Please send us your resume, along with a cover letter conveying your abilities and what makes you a perfect fit for this exhilarating opportunity! We can’t wait to hear from you!