As a third party logistics company, the Cerasis mission is to decrease freight management inefficiencies and to provide maximum hard and soft cost savings for our customers in the process of shipping LTL (less than truckload) or truckload freight and small package freight by providing logistics solutions through our powerful and proprietary web-based proprietary transportation management system, the Cerasis Rater, and integrated managed transportation services.
The Cerasis vision is to establish ourselves as the best logistics service provider by garnering the respect of our shippers and developing successful and satisfied customers and employees by focusing on our niche: re-engineering the approach to solving our customers logistics processes and freight management needs, especially those who ship freight via less-than-truckload (LTL).
Cerasis Core Values
- Innovative – Open and creative to customer and employee solutions
- Quality – Providing value in all that we do
- Continuous improvement of our people and services
- Respect of individuals and their contribution to the team
From the beginning, the Cerasis logistics philosophy came from a customer-centric and a solutions standpoint. Unfortunately, the mention of freight logistics and third party logistics at times conjures up negative connotations. We knew if Cerasis added value, offered solutions, and always advocated for our shippers, we’d keep our customers long-term.
Every business decision at Cerasis is made in order to decrease risk and foster long-term sustainability. We don’t take shortcuts, even if it benefits us. If it’s not a long-term solution in which all parties involved benefit long-term, we don’t do it.
This philosophy allows Cerasis to build a reputation as a company who is committed not only to our customers but passionately committed to increasing the positive reputation of our industry. This philosophy grew to every part of our business, and thus, we adopted a core value of continuous improvement of our people and services in order to better serve our customers, their customers, our carriers, and our vendors.
Cerasis Philosophy Core Tenets
- Transparent Communication and Collaboration: When it comes to our customers, carriers, and business partners, Cerasis believes in setting proper expectations of what we provide. We communicate openly to troubleshoot issues, allowing for the creation of sustainable solutions.
- Provide Solutions, Not More Problems: Cerasis doesn’t believe in making changes if it’s not a long-term solution. The worst thing for us to hear is, “Why did you make this change? It was already working so well!” Don’t fix what isn’t broken, unless it provides a road map to increased productivity and bottom-line savings.
- Shared Goal & Initiative Alignment: Whether it’s a new engagement with a shipper or bringing on a new employee or carrier, Cerasis aligns their goals with our goals. When we clearly state our goals to each party in our ecosystem, we often find we accomplish our goals more efficiently.
- Continuous Process Improvement: Cerasis applies lean practices to eliminate wastes within our organization to provide better service to our employees and our customers. This allows us to stay strong in all aspects of our business.
- Create Long-Lasting Relationships: The more we know about our customers’ business and freight management needs, the more hard and soft costs savings we can uncover. Additionally, with tenured employees we don’t waste time having to replace your dedicated freight management customer service reps and get them up to speed. In the nearly two decades we’ve been in business, more than 75% of our employees who started with us as we grew are still employed.
- Advocate for Our Customers and Carriers: As a shipper, undoubtedly you know that if you don’t have happy carriers, it’s hard to negotiate rates year to year and also during tight capacity crunches, hard to secure transportation. It’s a fine dance our Carrier Relations team has learned and passed onto our freight specialists and customer service reps. Our proactive approach to invoice consolidation and freight analysis reports not only allows us to always look out for our customers but also to understand that without our carriers, we wouldn’t have as strong of a business.